The following positions are currently available:
Duties & Experience Required:
• Manage food service operations within one or several restaurants(s)
• Ensure proper sanitation procedures and safety standards are met
• Recruit, hire and train personnel
• Professional management of staff with strong leadership skills
• Administrative duties with exceptional organizational skills (reports, budgets, inventories, etc)
• Ensure customer satisfaction (overseeing dining operation, handling customer complaints, etc)
• Must maintain professional demeanor with staff, co-workers, and managers at all times
The following provides background on The Manor House Restaurant:
The Manor House Restaurant:
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the Manor House Restaurant offers a carefully crafted menu and an atmosphere of casual elegance. The restaurant’s reception area occupies the entry hall of the original 1870s mansion and many period details have been thoughtfully maintained.
Indoor and outdoor seating is available, and the restaurant can accommodate large parties with advance notice. Dock space is available for guests arriving by boat.
Front Desk Associate
Full-time and part-time positions available.
• Registers guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
• Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
• Understands and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
• Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
• Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
• Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department.
• Knows how to use front office equipment.
• Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest account & currency exchange.
• Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
• Uses proper telephone etiquette.
• Attends department meetings.
• Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read, and write English.
Experience: Previous hotel experience strongly preferred.